Friday, August 27, 2021

Quarter square triangles..........

I managed to procrastinate one more day for sewing on the Matrix borders.  Yesterday turned out to be grocery shopping day, 2 places.  I went early to one, then a zoom call, and then the second place.  With the lack of rain I spent some time watering plants and bushes.

I have been cutting quarter square triangles from scraps and sorted all of the pink/red/orange ones.


I will use some in the Kaffe orphan block quilt I started to plan here.  Everything has blue, lavender, red and pink in it and I will stay with that theme.

This is one way I can use the little blocks as a strip for fill in.







I can also use them this way in a strip.  Another option is making Ohio Star blocks.  I have taken all of those blocks so far off my design wall so I may resurrect it on a design wall in another part of my basement where I can leave it up.

Goal today: quilt a small quilt on the longarm.  Get a backing sewn for a larger quilt that is next to go on the longarm and get those borders sewn onto the Matrix quilt top.  That might be today and tomorrow to accomplish all of that.


 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Love those reds with that background fabric--really pretty hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

You sure are keeping busy! I like how you can take those triangles and make them into such interesting filler strips. Those light colored background prints are so fun against those warm colors!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

You get so much done everyday! I need to channel some of your determination for completion.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely collection of reds all ready for whichever pattern you go with, seems a lot of quilters are presently focusing on using orphan blocks for a quilt, I think I might pull from my box.

Chookyblue...... said...

These blocks are looking great.....