Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Taking care of things..........

I used to have a book "Clutter's Last Stand".  In it the author gave a good reason for clearing out unneeded stuff.  He said if you own it, you have to take care of it.  That's what I did yesterday.  Took care of stuff.  It was 92 degrees and humid so I stayed inside.

In the photo is the remaining Spiderwort.  I pull out bunches of it every year.  I think it is pretty but it dies down mid-season and looks terrible in the flower bed.

I got in closer to the pink Columbine and realized they are 2 tone pink and white.  I don't know why I didn't realize that before.

I have more stuff to take care of today.  I hope to visit the sewing machine at some point.

6 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

(2nd attempt, shorter version) Loved seeing all your garden flowers from yesterday. The weather here has been perfect the past week. We've had some rain today. Happy sewing - it's short but hope it sends this time :)

Julierose said...

On my last few attempts to de-clutter I ended up throwing/giving away things that I wished I had kept later on! But I am trying to keep things to a minimum here....it is not easy is it?
good luck
Your columbines are so pretty nodding in their greenery...
Julierose

hetty said...

I try to throw out one thing that I don't need any more every day. It can be anything from a useless kitchen item to a piece of old clothing. I love your Columbine. Columbine is the official floral emblem of Scarborough, where I live.

patty a. said...

Love that quote. Good luck on your quest today! Everyday I look around and wonder how I have managed to accumulate what I have. Time to get busy!

Kaaren said...

I have a friend who has mastered the Art of Tidying Up, and has come three times now, to my house several hours away, and we have don't my children a huge favor. Honestly, at least 15-20 trips tot he dump and various thrift shops. It is SO liberating. The ONLY thing that remains is the fabric part of my studio, which is quite large. That will be next and then it will all be done! Thanks for sharing Wanda..... would love to meet you someday.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I had the same book! My basement, where the long arm is, is finally getting painted, new lights, new floor, etc. so I have had to move a lot of stuff and had to lighten the load.