Friday, June 26, 2020

Last pleasant day..............


No sewing yesterday.  It was the last of the low humidity days we have had this week so I went out and pulled lots of Goldenrod, cut branches so I can get to my black raspberries easier (had the first 10 berries last night).  I trimmed back one of the Weigela bushes and started another one.  Then I worked on weeding the garden path.

The Annabelle Hydrangeas are just starting to turn from white to lime green.  We are expecting some storms today so I wanted a photo before the blooms get beaten down by the rain.  I have a wide overhang so maybe I'll be lucky this time.  There are some Milkweed plants growing right up next to them too.

This is one of the pretty Hostas near my garden path.  The Lily of the Valley, Violets and Creeping Charlie act as ground covers so the soil doesn't dry out too fast.  I occasionally clear around a plant but it all grows back quickly.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely hydrangeas--we cut down our overgrown bush last year and it is slowly coming back this Spring...probably no blooms this year...
Pretty Hosta little grouping...Have a nice weekend...we are hoping for some rain soon..hugs from dry gardens Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we are not getting much rain this past month after too much in the winter and spring - it is already too hot here to do very much in the gardens and everything is overgrown as usual - I get worse every year at keeping up with it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Our humidity is creeping upwards - we are spending time outside as much as possible - it won't be long until we stay indoors until the weather breaks again.

Needled Mom said...

It was a good time to get out in the garden. Everything looks so lush and green.