Saturday, June 6, 2020

Miscellany........

I had purchased some dish cloth yarn that had sections of the scrubby yarn in it and knitted 2 dishcloths with it.  Then I saw the Scrubby all by itself and bought one ball.  I really can't say this was any fun at all to knit.....and I have enough yarn to make another one.
I have 80 sets of 2" strips sewn together and it will probably be enough for 2 small quilts.  I have seen this block pattern on several blogs and decided to cut pieces and start on this one while I work on my other idea.

The fragrant native plant Heliotrope is blooming.  It smells a lot like lilacs and the scent just fills the backyard.

90 degrees and humid again yesterday.  Today is supposed to be the relief, I hope............

7 comments:

patty a. said...

As usual, the weather here is suppose to be cooler Sunday. I need to get out a weed a bit so I am hoping the humidity goes down and it is cooler. I physically crashed yesterday. I guess 5 days of working hard caught up to me. I am feeling better today, but I plan on taking it easy and just get that binding stitched on.

Gene Black said...

Does the scrubby yarn have a rough texture? I can't imagine knitting with something like that. It might be good for crocheting a dishcloth though.

Julierose said...

I can just feel that scrubby yarn texture moving through my fingers while knitting...is it rough? It looks like it...
I gave up my beloved knitting a few years back as my wrists couldn't take the repetitive motions anymore...I do miss it...
Hugs from afar...Julierose

hetty said...

I know what you mean about the scrubby yarn. I didn't like knitting with it either. You must be in a much warmer zone than we are. Heliotrope is considered an annual here. It cannot survive our cold winters.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have made 4 of those quilts- one from 3 1/2" and 3 from 2 1/2". I like them for comfort quilts. Of course, none of them are quilted.

Sue said...

Scrubby yarn not fun to work with, no, but I sure do like using mine at the kitchen sink! Others to whom I have gifted scrubbies made with that yarn have also expressed their appreciation.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I'd just started reading your post this morning when we had a power cut. After checking with neighbours it just seemed to be my house. I phoned National Grid and seems random houses in the area were affected - phew - I had visions of a hefty repair bill. They turned up with machines and made large holes in the pavement. After 6 hours we have a temporary repair and back tomorrow to finish the job. All our electric cables are underground - are yours on poles, like I've seen in the movies? I'm jealous of your garden scents - I've not had anything from my plants, except the lavender in a small tub when I brush my fingers through it. It's a recent gift and not in flower yet so maybe I'll smell it when that happens. Happy sewing and have a peaceful weekend :)