Monday, June 8, 2020

A bit of sewing..........

Somehow 2 of the mug rug squares got separated from the other 2 and I finished them into mug rugs a while ago.  Yesterday I found the other 2 and when I went to trim them square they were 1/4" smaller than the 2 finished ones so now there are 2 pairs, not a set of 4 alike.  That's all the sewing I did yesterday.
It was still low humidity yesterday so I wanted to work outside for awhile.  It got up to the mid 80s so it still wasn't all that comfortable.  While I was out there I saw my favorite white peonies blooming.


This might be the final bouquet of the season and there was only one pink one at the right stage to cut.  I'm enjoying all of the white ones and I think they are the most fragrant of all.

Today is supposed to still be low humidity but 90+ degrees.  I draw the line at 80s so I'll be working inside today and probably turn the A/C back on.

8 comments:

patty a. said...

The mug rugs are so pretty. That's funny how they ended up two different sizes, but they work just the same. That is what I like about quilting vs. making clothes.

The flowers are so pretty!. I noticed last night my Shasta daisies are getting closer to bursting into blooms. I can now see the white of the flowers. I agree low humidity and the 90's is not the best situation for working outside. Right now I have high humidity and it is 57 degrees which will climb into the 80's.

Julierose said...

I like your mug rugs--that partial log cabin is one I've never made...
Your white peony looks a lot like mine--the plant is
in full bloom and I haven't cut any as we have allergies...
Today looks to be beautiful here--low humidity and sunny--clear blue skies--a definite deck-sitting day...a basket quilting day;)))

Quiltdivajulie said...

I can see why those white beauties are your favorites!!!

LG said...

I just want to let you know how much it improves my day to have this blog as its start!

Kris said...

The mug rug blocks are great. Really changes how they look when fit together like that. Plus the dark center makes them pop.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Your white peonies are just so beautiful - my red ones (now finished blooming) can't compare with the scent or pretty frilly petals. What variety are they? Google show 'Shirley Temple' looks very similar.

Mystic Quilter said...

I always enjoy seeing your mug rugs pop in in your posts, these are lovely. I like the black centre squares.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Pretty mug rugs. Gorgeous blooms. Do you get lots of ants to your peony? Thats what keeps me from planting them.they are gorgeous though