Tuesday, June 9, 2020

More rectangle blocks

I sewed 14 more of the rectangle Kaffe blocks and added them to the design wall.  There are 12 more strip pairs to press and cut.









I started thinking about my box of Kaffe orphan blocks and wondered if I should add one (or more) to this.  First try was a sample star block.







Next I tried one of the spin or daisy blocks.  I have several of these that I could try.  What would be nice about this one is that I could cut it to fit and not lose the design.

Just playing and having fun while it is too hot to be outside.  The remnants of the tropical storm are supposed to hit our area later today.

11 comments:

scrapbagfran@gmail.com said...

As I started to read your blog today and saw the stqr block I thought "that's pretty". When I scrolled down, I thought "Wow wow wow I want to see where she goes with that!!!" Whichever way yu go with this I am realy excited to see where you take this quilt from here!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the look of the second one with the pieces - I like the star to though

Linda Swanekamp said...

That is what I love about you, Wanda, always willing to try to push ideas one step further! Stay cool, supposed to be 88 here today.

hetty said...

Good for you Wanda! Love your experimentation. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Marnie Haines said...

Good morning, Wanda
Just love the addition of a center block. It just pulls all of these lovely blocks together. I will be eagerly waiting to see another one of your spectacular quilt tops!

patty a. said...

The addition of the orphan block is fabulous! I like the spin block. It adds so much interest.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I really like the daisy block. It could be trimmed so that it is the size of four of the other blocks. It adds a lot to the overall look.

Julierose said...

Playing with remnants while experiencing remnants of a tropical storm ;)))I like it plain too...difficult choices...
have fun Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the spin block -- great idea to include it. The tropical storm visited us late yesterday, overnight, and is trailing away this morning. The rain water was SO warm and extra wet if that's possible. Have fun playing with your fabrics (it is hot here too).

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fitting the Orphan blocks into your quilt is a great idea! Hope you find a balance that works.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I really like that! The extra design element is just what it needed to pop!