Monday, June 1, 2020

May 2020 monthly recap..............







I was very happy to finish 2 quilts in May.  The Framed 9 Patch on the left is 59" x 74" and was started in June last year and sewn into a top in April this year.  Party Lanterns is 74" x 95"  and has been waiting since April 2014 to be quilted.










Both tops sewn together in May were 16 patches, one of my favorite patterns.  I love the look of checkerboard.  Jewel is 56" x 71.5" and is all batiks.  African 16 patch is all African fabrics and Kona cotton solids and is 64.5" x 80".

Total for the year now is 14 quilts completed, 9 of which were hanging on hangers for years waiting their turn.  4 of the others were sewn into tops and finished this year and one baby quilt top was made by a friend and finished by me.

More peonies are opening so I had to pick a big bouquet.  I think a lot more will be opening today.  In the photos below they almost look like paintings.











12 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh those peonies do look like a painting..so lovely!
You had a productive month, Wanda--lovely quilt finishes..I do love
the checkerboard also Nice works Julierose

Debbie said...

You do those 16 patch so well. Each one has its own feel from the fabrics you select. But the Party Lanterns is a favorite of mine!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congrats on the finishes - and the peonies are so lovely!

patty a. said...

You had a good month of sewing and gardening!

Kristin said...

I love both of your finished quilts and love the Jewel batik one.

Pam said...

Party Lanterns is my favoriteof the wonderful finishes.
The peonies are lovely. The weather here is too hot to grow them. I appeciate you sharing them.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I'm not sure which I like more - the quilts or the peonies! I think it's a tie. They're all beautiful.

hetty said...

Those peonies are beautiful. Mine are still tight buds, but at least they are up now. Lovely quilts! Good job.

MissPat said...

I got one 16 patch done using left over batik strips from another project before it got to hot to sew in my studio. Now that it's cooled down again, I need to attend to the garden until the next heat wave arrives. You are making good progress on getting some older flimsies quilted.
Pat


Kerry said...

Beautiful peonies! Mine is just starting to open their buds - you can always bet there will be rain when they do. I'll just have to come back to see yours!

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like to see photos of a collection of your finishes together! So colourful. Your paeonies are stunning, I love the very full pink on in the first photo.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

You are making progress!!! I am planning to plant some Peonies here, but first need to corral what has been planted and plant where plants failed to thrive or be watered... in the past. Catching up on blog reading today... Waaaaay behind!