Friday, December 20, 2019

Version 3.........

I left the Australian fabric triangles up on a design wall hoping a final inspiration would develop. I think this will be the final design, 2 vertical rows of hearts on the left and right and occasional hearts sprinkled into the middle part of the quilt.  You can check out versions 1 and 2  here.  I thought version one was too messy and confusing and version 2 a little bit boring.  I need to cut the half triangles to fill in the sides and then I can decide how many more pieces I need to cut.
I got another hand made Christmas card in the mail 2 days ago.  It is from Linda Swanekamp and this post on her blog shows the making of the cards.  It is so beautiful.  A photo just doesn't do it justice.

7 comments:

patty a. said...

Those triangles are shaping up to become a lovely quilt top! That is a beautiful card.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that card is very beautiful it looks like a lot of work went into it - I will check the link

Quiltdivajulie said...

Linda sent me one of her cards, too - you are right about how beautiful they are. The colors are so rich.

Julierose said...

I love all those shades and tones of deep reds in this piece...
Hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Watercolors are so hard to photograph because they depend on the white of the paper for their sparkle. I am glad you liked it. Every year, I am not sure I am up for the challenge, so I am breathing a sigh of relief right now.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your card is beautiful - Linda does an awesome job with her cards every year! Your Australian fabrics are lovely - ;))

JJM said...

I like version 3 also. And your boring one also. (^._.^). Recieving a hand painted Christmas card is the best. It has a batik feel to it.

JJM