Thursday, December 26, 2019

Great grandchildren's gift.............

Now that the gifts have been opened I can share what I made for the great grandchildren.  They are placemats with all kinds of kid prints made from the leftovers when I cut I Spy kits a few years ago.

I should have loaded the photos to my computer right away and I would have seen that I needed to smooth them out before I did the closeup shots.







I put different backing fabrics on the back of each of them, numbers above, letters on this one and the one below has stars.  I figured the cute fabrics might keep the little ones occupied while waiting for their lunch to appear in front of them.




11 comments:

Susan of River Ridge said...

How great. To be your grandchild and to be reminded of you each day is lovely. Happy New Year!

Lesley Gilbert said...

What cute fabrics you have in your stash - these look great and I like the placement of the fabrics - smiles all around. Hope you have a lovely time with your family. I'm itching to get my machine out but sitting on my fingers for a couple more days :)

Julierose said...

Ohhh these are just so adorable--love them perfect gift hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Those placemats turned out so cute! What a great way to use up those leftover bits!

pbj fiber marietta said...

Great idea! I have done I spy quilts too and have leftovers. You are a great inspiration Wanda. Happy and Healthy New Year to you!

JJM said...

Well those place mats would entertain an old grandma too. (^._.^). I love all the prints you used to make them and enjoyed seeing every print.

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW cute!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Excellent gift idea!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a good idea for the grandchildren and what a lot of novelty kid prints you have in them.

MissPat said...

My youngest grandson, age 7, wanted to help me quilt last year when I visited, so this year I'm taking some strips of novelty fabrics and letting him help make some placements. I'm going to let him and his brother choose which fabrics they want. Should be fun.
Pat

Needled Mom said...

That’s a great idea.