Thursday, December 19, 2019

First finish for December 2019..........

I am so happy this is a finished quilt.  Since I knew it was for me it kept being pushed back while I worked on other things.  I finished the quilt top 5 years ago.  It is 58.5" x 81" which is close to the 60" x 80" size I like for throw quilts.  It is essentially a courthouse steps log cabin block with sashing between blocks and piano key border and is made of all African fabrics.
I had just enough of this beige and gold zebra stripe fabric for the back.


















My granddaughter received the package today with her newest baby's Christmas stocking in it so now I can show it to you.  I let the fabric do all of the work on this one.  The cuff is a shiny snowflake print and it was fun to add some lace to this one.

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Just a lovely stocking--that lace was the perfect addition. The African piece is really gorgeous--so rich in texture...hugs, Julierose

Roxanne said...

Love looking at this quilt. Your design and color choices are delightful, as always!

Vicki W said...

I absolutely love this quilt! The colorwash effect on the piano key border is fantastic.

patty a. said...

The quilt is gorgeous and I love that backing! The stocking turned out so pretty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your new quilt. The groups of color glow! The quilt seems to radiate vibrancy.

Frog Quilter said...

Your quilt is stunning. Beautiful and lively like you.

JJM said...

AFRICAN CELEBRATION in every piece of fabric ! ! ! It is a beautiful happy quilt Wanda. And my oh my, a sweet darling Christmas sock for baby Karsyn, what a beautiful name . I love names that are a bit different.

JJMI

Sylvia Anderson said...

This quilt definitely makes a statement and is my favorite quilt you've made this year. So happy and bright, that it makes me happy just looking at it.
The Christmas stocking is beautiful and very feminine, just perfect for your new great granddaughter. I just finished baking cookies yesterday, and am so happy to have it done for another year.

Needled Mom said...

Your quilt is beautiful. It’s a wonderful finish for YOU! The stocking is so cute. It looks very girlie with the pink and lace.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I wasn't sure about the colours in your African quilt, but now it's finished I think it looks amazing! A long time in the making but worth it for the finish :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a beautiful stocking! And congratulations on a stunning finish.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hi Wanda,I have a 90 year old friend who liked something I was wearing and asked me to leave it to her in my will. A chuckle but now I have to pass on that request... I'd love that African quilt left to me in your will!! It hits #1 on my all time EC favorites!

Good job! Again, you are inspirational.

MissPat said...

I love how you used the silvery gray fabric in the third round as a unifying color. Along with the black sashing it defines and calms the blocks. Cute stocking with the lace.
Pat

www.welovequilting.com said...

I love this quilt. African fabrics are my favorite