Monday, December 23, 2019

Future project........

Two in my art quilters group are going to make a Blooming 9 patch quilt.  I want to make another one too so I chose some fabrics and started cutting while they were here a couple weeks ago.  The rust is the center and the dark green will be the outside edge.  The fabrics above the group were in consideration for the back.  I don't have enough of the zebra print for the whole back but I do have enough of the floral fabric.  This will be a project for night sewing, no hurry on it.  For anyone who doesn't know what a Blooming 9 patch is, go here to see one made by Jerry and the last one I made.

11 comments:

Sylvia Anderson said...

Wanda, the 1st. Blooming 9 patch you made is such a beautiful quilt, and after reading the comments many people made, I realize why you were resisting making another one. I guess enough years have passed to ease the memory of how difficult it was, that you are willing to tackle it again.

Debbie said...

Your fabrics are beautiful for this. I think I am jealous already over this one:)

Needled Mom said...

That is going to be gorgeous. I have loved that design, but never attempted it.

Alice said...

Your BNP is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing come together.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I've made many Blooming 9-patches over the years. For awhile it was my primary go to for all my floral prints. I have a very bright Kaffe one that needs to be quilted. Top has been done for years. Merry Christmas and Happy 2020!

patty a. said...

The colors are gorgeous! This is going to be a beautiful quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I quilted 3 B9Ps this year. Should have quilted a 4th, but never got around to quilting my own!! Isn't that always the case? Yours is going to be SEW striking!

JJM said...

Your fabrics are stunning ! And your Blooming 9 patch will be too. The one your gifted your friend with is spectacular!

JJM

Jean said...

Merry Christmas Wanda! I can't wait to see this quilt unfold. Your other version is stunning.

Cindy P. said...

I checked out your previous link as I’ve not seen that pattern previously. I just love the look of this nine patch. Is there a pattern for this somewhere? I guess I can google it and see what I find. It does make a gorgeous bed quilt! I’m inspired to make one now!

MissPat said...

Those fabrics will make a gorgeous Blooming nine patch. Years ago someone in our guild made one and I thought about putting it on my list, but I never acquired the book. Merry Christmas.
Pat