Sunday, December 8, 2019

On the design wall.

I was baking and cleaning most of the day yesterday so I didn't get to the sewing machine.  When my friends were here on Friday I put the blocks from a couple of my solids and print series on the design wall.  This quilt will be all conversation type prints and I only have 11 blocks made so far.  I have to check out the blocks all together every so often to decide what I will do next.  On this one the solid color rectangle can be verical or horizontal and there are 2 positions of each of those orientations so I have to make a variety of each of the 4.





This quilt so far is all conversation type prints but I may add other fabrics into it eventually.  I have 15 blocks.  I think I will be making 63 blocks for this quilt.  These quilt blocks are fun to make when I have a small amount of time and nothing else I want to work on.  All of my inspiration for these and several others I am working on came from this blog.  Go to her label list and click on solids on prints series for directions and measurements of every single quilt.

3 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

Made me smile when I saw your London fabrics - I have a few and may try that block in the future. I also had a cactus in a jar like you showed yesterday - it survived a few years with a large root ball but I did give it some food now and then. My daughter bought me a new cactus last week so hopefully this one will survive the winter. Enjoy your Sunday sewing :)

Nancy said...

All are such fun prints- these will be pleasing quilts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Both of these are SEW much fun!! Thanks for sharing your inspiration link.