Saturday, December 14, 2019

Busy day.........

Yesterday was one of those days where I took care of many things and by evening I'm asking myself what did I do today?

I decided to just play with a box of pieces of Australian fabrics on my design wall in the evening.  I tried this layout and the shapes look like hearts sometimes but just a jumbled mess the rest of the time.
I think this will be a better layout with the small pieced units making vertical borders on both sides.  I have another whole stack of large equilateral triangles in different colors that aren't mixed in yet.  I think there are enough pieces cut to make a quilt approximately 55" x 70".  I will need to cut some half triangles to fill in the sides.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Very pretty layout and colors...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good playtime project - I, too, have days like the one you described.

Sharon W. said...

I rather like the randomness of the first version. Every time I look at it I discover a new set of shapes: much more interesting than the regularity of the second one!!!!

JJM said...

Every one looks at art differently, and I totally agree with YOU on your second layout. Your Australian fabrics are full of excitement as they are and they call for your second arrangement. But 'to each his own' as they say (^._,^)

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just beautiful fabric! Has to be hard for it to play together.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love those fabrics - and I agree with JJM - "Everyone looks at art differently, and I totally agree with" Sharon W - "I rather like the randomness of the first version. Every time I look at it I discover a new set of shapes: much more interesting than the regularity of the second one!!!!" - But then again - "to each his own" - ;))