Tuesday, December 24, 2019

In between things.................

As I wind up the baking, packing, mailing, etc. I take a break now and then to gather my thoughts.  I am always cutting for colorwash projects so it is a great no brainer task to do while thinking about other things.

I was counting up the quilt tops waiting to be quilted, hoping there would be less at the end of this year than last year.  Woe is me!  There are the same number, 31.  I have hopes of getting a couple more quilted by December 31 but I also was hoping to put a border on the batik star quilt top which will add one back on the list.  The good news is that I have already finished 4 more than last year (22) and am hoping to add to that.

This afternoon is a Christmas Eve service and then a meal with my granddaughter and her new husband.  Weather?  In the mid 50s, should I wear a coat or not?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wear a coat. These deceptively warm winter days can give you a cold so fast (based on my theory that getting a cold is caused by a chill, its my heritage belief) and your granddaughter would worry about you even if she has no coat herself.

Some beautiful fabics waiting to be cut!

ceci

mb-RI said...

Best wishes for a happy and peaceful Christmas eve and day. And good health in the new year!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have a Merry Christmas Wanda and enjoy your evening with your granddaughter. Here it is in the 60's this week but drops to high 30s at night which means a jacket for me if I am out later in the day - if my back gets cold the whole back tenses up but that is me.
Good luck on getting some quilting finishes but I know some of your wall hangings are small so maybe you can do it?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's a lot of finishes for a year. Congratulations! It is hard to know what to wear when the weather changes like that. Maybe a spring jacket?

Marnie Haines said...

Dear Wanda,
Thank you so very much for your wonderful blog. Your quilts whether finished or unfinished are spectacular works of creativity, boosting our spirits for whatever lies ahead. You gift all of us bloggers every day. Thank you with best wishes for a happy Christmas tomorrow and a wonderful eve tonight.
P. S. Playing the older sister, I say take a coat this evening. :)

JJM said...

We just finished our 50 degree days and woke up to a blanket of snow this a.m. Be prepared for what's ahead. Mother Nature has really kept us on our toes this past year. . . Your fabrics are always so "exuberant" (^._,^) they have your name all over them!

JJM

LSpin said...

Your exuberance is an inspiration, Wanda! Merry Christmas and may the roaring 20's be good to you!