Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Working on 3..............

I pressed all of the sashing strips on one side of the star blocks.  I still haven't decided on a cornerstone fabric.






While I had the iron on I pressed the postage stamp block I sewed on Sunday.











I started quilting this African fabric quilt that I basted a couple months ago.  I began with the ditch quilting on each side of the black sashing strips.  I'm only going to do a little quilting each day so this one will take awhile.

The pink and white cactus has buds and one bloom.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

It is nice to have several projects going on so you can change tasks. I got your tips on quilting time wasters and I do have to say you are the queen of productivity and organization! You would scold me if you saw my scrap bins, but at least they are mostly sorted by color. Otherwise my scraps are just toss willy nilly into the bins. 2020 is going to be the year of making quilts out of my scrap bins. I have five large bins and I think around 6 smaller boxes of scraps not counting my vintage stuff. I wonder how many quilts I could make out of just my scraps? LOL!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I, too, received your message yesterday and agree 100% about moving things out of the studio that are no longer meaningful/worthwhile/enjoyable. Life is too short to waste it feeling guilty about a project we no longer want to work on! Mine tend to be given away rather than sold, but the recipients are enthusiastic and appreciative so it's all good.

JJM said...

Nice to see your continual progress on your stars, postage stamp and African . Your tips are for every one that has a sewing studio. Thank you.

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

A little bit of progress adds up!

Mystic Quilter said...

So good to see the batik stars again and yes I saw your reminder about the Top 10 Time Wasters, I printed it out when you orignally posted and I think I need to go through them all once again!

MissPat said...

Your batik stars quilt clearly shows how color/value placement can change the look of a block. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Pat