Monday, November 25, 2019

Fun day............

I had friends over to sew yesterday and I got one table cleaned off and cut the rest of the sashing strips I needed for these 35 batik star blocks.  Here is the last time you saw these blocks.  I ran out of the first sashing fabric but found another batik that was a close match and this has been laying there for 2 1/2 years waiting for me to work on it again.  I have the sashing sewn on one side of all 35 blocks and need to decide on a cornerstone fabric now.
Last night I got a postage stamp block designed and sewn.  I plan on doing more of them this week.








I have more blooms on the cactus, only on one branch on this plant.










The white ones are so pretty.



Tonight my pop-up shop closes at 10 pm EST, last chance to visit it.



6 comments:

patty a. said...

Those star blocks are so pretty! Isn't amazing how time flies and you find a UFO that won't take too much to finish. I was cleaning up two bookcases in my studio this weekend and kept thinking about what I might find. I actually found some stuff I forgot I had/misplaced - two charging blocks for my iPhone, another Fitbit tracker unit, a wad of money, and a omelet recipe I thought I had lost.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those batik stars are going to make a stunning quilt, Wanda!!

JJM said...

I look forward to seeing the added sashing to your star blocks. I checked out your completed star design and they are amazing as is. But knowing your design talent your stars will glow, with the added sashing.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love this time of year with your indoor garden photos. And congrats on moving those beautiful stars forward after a long hiatus.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have always loved those batik stars and still do. Can't wait to see it together.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

My Christmas cacti have not even begun to think of blooming. Yours are so pretty. And I DO like those star blocks!