Thursday, November 28, 2019

A good sewing day............

I chose the fabric for the cornerstones in my star quilt.  I knew I wanted something a little darker than the sashing strips and that it should be a busy print like the fabrics in the stars.




I cut them and got them all sewn to the second sashing strip and then sewed them onto the blocks.  Now it is time to go to the design wall and decide on the arrangement.  Then I can sew the last sashing strips onto the end of row blocks and bottom row blocks.


I also got the seams sewn the other way on the last 3 postage stamp blocks.  Here are this week's four blocks and now I have 48 finished blocks, 32 to go.


Happy Thanksgiving to my US readers!  

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the colors you are using with the stars, it is just Mike and I today and seeing as we did the Thanksgiving earlier in the week with the girls we are not doing anything special today and just relaxing and not over eating again! Have a good get together on Saturday

DianeN said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Wanda! I am really thankful that you keep this blog going and provide us with inspiration every single day.

Mary said...

Happy Thanks Giving Day, Wanda. I hope you are warm, well and enjoying a feast.

Anonymous said...

same to you.vera.

Deb E said...

Love your blocks - your choice of the batik centers makes the blocks (that I saw) radiate from the center out -- wonderful effect! Love the cornerstones, too! Can't wait to see how the quilt top looks. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Deb E / CA mdenders@msn.com

Quiltdivajulie said...

And a very happy Thanksgiving to you! Great choice for those cornerstones - congratulations again for moving this one forward.

Vicki W said...

The star blocks are beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your star blocks are so beautiful.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and your family. A normal day here in the UK, which means crafty class for me - a coffee, some cake, a chat and a laugh and of course some knitting or crochet or other crafting - whatever you want to do :)

JJM said...

Cornerstone fabric squares makes a lovely addition to your stars. Anxiously waiting yo see your completed design. Your postage stamp blocks continues to make me admire your patience to stitch those tiny squares.

JJM

MissPat said...

I made two oversized twin quilts doing the sashing the same way and it was much easier than sewing long strips on rows. This star quilt may join my very long to-do list.
Pat