Friday, November 29, 2019

Moving the table.........

I decided to turn the drafting/cutting table sideways in the space so I can walk all the way around it. As you can see there is a drain in the floor there. With people coming to my studio to use my design walls I have to have something sitting over the drain because the floor slopes down all around it in about a 24" diameter. 
This is what is currently on top of the table.  I cut a quilt kit for a friend in the summer and while the fabric was out and pressed I cut off a strip of each to cut half hexagons.  There are 4 of each of 20 fabrics there and my scraps from die cutting and some more beiges to add to the mix.
I can open out the large scraps and press the fold mark out and get one more half hexagon from each fabric for a total of 100.  I need 208 half hexagons to make a quilt 58" x 79" which is close to the 60" x 80" that I'm usually working toward.
I have this pile of large scraps and quarter yards in the same general colors so I'll press them and do some more cutting today.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

thanks for posting your half hexie pieces - I started cutting some last year and got busy with other things and forgot all about them!! I need to look for the box and see what I have and most likely need to get a lot more cut!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy cutting, Wanda!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Delicious neutrals - thanks for including how many half-hexes you need for the size you're wanting to make. I have some cut but I don't think I cut enough for mine. Need to go re-calculate.

JJM said...

You always have very productive days in your studios. Beautiful array of fabrics in your post today.

JJM