Saturday, November 9, 2019

November finish # 2............

Colorwash rectangles #6 is finished.  It is 35.5" x 53.5".




















The backing fabric is one of those that I had to have because it was so beautiful but with all of the color changes and the metallic gold print on top I just never found a way to cut it up for a project.  It is a great backing.











I am about 2/3 done with the quilting on the floral colorwash.  The back is a piece of decorator fabric that I have had for many years and it is perfect for this quilt.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially enjoy hearing about your backing fabric choices as this is something I struggle with.

ceci

Lesley Gilbert said...

I perfect backing for a perfect quilt - just so lovely :)

Gene Black said...

I love the rectangle colorwash. Is that more difficult to do than the squares? Your blending on it is excellent.

Sylvia Anderson said...

They are both so beautiful Wanda, and love the fact that you have all these fabrics squirreled away and ready for use when you need them.

Needled Mom said...

Lovely finish. That backing is perfect for it.

JJM said...

Your color washes are always so mesmerizing, I love looking at them. I agree your backings are beautiful pieces.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

A fabric stash is a joy forever! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Seriously I love your colorwashes, and it's grand to have the perfect fabric for the backing right there waiting for you to find it.