Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Friend's quilt...........

Here is my friend's completed quilt top.  We put the blocks for the second quilt on the design walls after I took this photo.  The original pattern called for finished 2" pieces and ended up 60" square which is pretty unusable for a bed.  I cut 3" finished pieces for her so it is 72" x 90".  We left off one row to make it rectangular.  The quilts are for her great-granddaughters.

I finished basting the quilt I showed here so I could clear the tables off for my friends who are coming over today.  I also mowed the front yard.  The humidity has dropped and it is much cooler than it was the last couple days. I will mow the sides and back either later today or tomorrow.

13 comments:

Mary said...

Your friend's quilt is very pretty. It's still very hot here, but we may be in for some rain later this week.

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt. How big are the stars?

Quilting Babcia said...

Such a simple design and so very beautiful!

Denise from Sacramento said...

What a delightful quilt. The great granddaughters will love them.

Lola Carr said...

Very pretty quilt! Great that you could help her out...what a good friend (which I already knew)!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love all the different neutrals and the different florals in the pinwheel/stars. This is such a calm, sparkly quilt. I would love to make one. I would love to quilt it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE a good scrap quilt and that is surely a good one!!

Cathi said...

That quilt is very pretty - lucky grandchildren!

Anonymous said...

How pretty - I never think about using creams and neutrals but maybe this will help me remember to try them, the colors pop so nicely floating in the calm background.

ceci

JJM said...

I hope your friend reads all the nice comments about her creative design. Her great grand daughters will treasure their quilts forever. I agree with Linda S. discription "calm and sparkly". It is a beautiful work of needle artwork. She should be proud of her work. Did she make another just like it ?

Glad you got your zig zag top basted... Hope you got your side and back yards mowed this afternoon.

My husband was going to mow ours today, but we woke up to hazard air quality conditions again, due to the raging forest fires. They reported on the news tonight this season has been the worst in history.

JJM

evaj said...

Wonderful!!

HollyM said...

What a pretty quilt!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

What a beauty!!!