Sunday, August 6, 2017

More relaxation...........

I needed more of the relaxing sewing of strip sets like I showed yesterday.  I made 11 more blocks while watching 2 more episodes of a TV show.



 Earlier in the day yesterday I planted the remaining perennials I got on sale for 62 cents each.  On the left is the before shot of the area and on the right after 4 Asian Lilies were planted.
 This is another area I worked on.  The left photo is before starting and the right after I finished planting 3 Perennial Carnations which I thought were Dianthus.  I moved the rocks out about 6" and dug out the Creeping Charlie, Violets and some grass.  I dug out 2 tree roots from volunteer Redbud trees too.

5 comments:

Mary said...

You are wasting no time getting those blocks stitched up! It's that time of year here where there is not a lot of fresh color in our landscapes. I am really enjoying your garden pictures.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Relaxing sewing is goid for us. Your garden enhancements look so good.

Cheryl said...

We finally got some rain here, so it's a good time to try and spiff up my flowers. You've inspired me to clean out some of my violets. I just love them, but they're taking over. The strip sets look like the perfect easy project, post garden work.

Mia said...

Love your blocks and your beautiful garden! Kisses, my friend.

Lesley Gilbert said...

How lush and green your garden is looking. I love to see Dianthus plants- Carnations used to be my favourite plants for a vase; now I don't mind anything. This year is the first time I've not bought any new plants for my garden - I've spent more time on my sewing so I've not been too lazy :)