I sewed four of the twelve combinations that I have cut for the Hunter Star. I placed the half blocks (triangular shaped) on the design wall and this would be the expected layout. Note: pieces are just edge to edge, not overlapped as if the seams were sewn so there are holes at the centers of the stars right now. Where the 4 big star blocks meet the star is 8 different fabrics.
Then I switched the blocks to half and half, 2 different combinations in each block. The 2 blocks with matching fabrics wouldn't necessarily be near each other since this is only 4 of 12 different pairs of fabric. There will be more than 12 pairs too since the quarter units are only 6" finished. If I sewed this right now it would only be 24" square. More days of cutting and sewing ahead........
I realized I hadn't shown a photo of the backyard color since the Rudbeckia was in full bloom. The tiger lilies are nearing the end of their blooming time so I'm glad I got this recorded in a photo now.
This is the view coming in from the other end of the path (weedy path...I need to do something about that). I'm glad I went with red petunias in my two hanging pots this year. I have seen more butterflies this year than in the last few and they are loving the Coneflowers.