One of the waste areas after cutting the Hunter Star blocks was large enough to cut 1" finished triangles. Since there were 4 alike of each fabric I decided on pinwheels that will finish at 2"
So far I have cut 20 combinations for the Hunter star so there are 20 pinwheels. I'm not done cutting the blocks yet so there will be more. If I sewed this right now it would be 8" x 10", about mug rug size. I'm thinking about alternating with 2.5" squares of another Australian print that isn't going to be used in the blocks. I also sewed some more parts for the Hunter Star blocks and pressed all of the pieces.
I also started basting this quilt for ditch quilting with my straight stitch machine. That is the leftover piece of backing fabric laying on it.
Today is the big day for the eclipse and the Chicago area is supposed to have clouds. Hopefully there will be some breaks between them.