Thursday, April 22, 2021

Zig zag time...............


I got my zig zag after all on the third pink quilt.  It is a little brighter than this photo, deeper pinks.  I had a lot of the pink and red heart print and wanted to use as much as possible.  I ended up with 7 blocks leftover which can go in the orphan block box.  It should be about 40" x 48" when finished.  I have a big piece of flannel by Valerie Wells with huge peachy-pink roses on it that may go on the back of this one.  I have another more mottled pattern pink flannel for the back of the Hugs and Kisses pink quilt.






I cut down most of the black raspberry canes last year when my painters were here painting the window trim.  This is 3 canes that I left there and they have lots of leaves so I'm hoping there will be raspberries this year.  There is one more cane leaning into a bush and it has leaves too.






My Brunnera is so big this year.  There are a few more scattered small plants so it self seeds in addition to being a perennial.  It blooms for quite awhile while the ground around it is bare, waiting for the Hostas to grow.


Tonight is the last below freezing night so I hope my Redbuds will still look this good this morning when I get up. (This was written 11 p.m. last night.)



 

12 comments:

Julierose said...

That Zig Zag is just beautiful--love the hearts fabric...
Your Redbud has such a gorgeous bloom color...
hugs from COLD CT--only 33 degrees this morning!! Ack!!
Julierose

MissPat said...

I love the pink zigzag quilt . It will make a little girl happy. Our 2" of snow had melted by dinner time, but it snowed a little more overnight, so there is a coating on the grassy surfaces. I noticed the hyacinths were lying low last night, but the sun is shining today (but cold) so maybe they will pop back up. And now they are saying upper 70's to low 80's by the end of next week.
Pat

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we just had the freeze on Tuesday night and even though I covered my hydrangea the tops of the bush was touched by the frost but over all most of it is just fine it was the only plant that was touched by it that I can tell right now - I hope your Redbud will be ok.
the Zigzag quilt is really nice I like that pattern but haven't made it in some time.

patty a. said...

The pink zig zag is so pretty! I am glad your black raspberries are showing signs of life! Let's hope you get berries.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The pink zig zags look so fresh and snappy. We had 5" of snow, which flattened my tulips and the overnite freezing temps sapped the strength of the stems. I am so sad over them as I look forward to them all year. They did not even get to open. I have about 150 of them. Just so blue over them.

Needled Mom said...

I like your pink zig zags. The redbud is gorgeous. I hope it survives the late freeze.

Carol said...

really sweet pink zig zag. so simple but this one really catches my eye. I struggle with sewing HSTs like this because of the pressing problem with the seams meeting. would you explain your pressing process for HSTs that meet like this one with the thickness of the seams? I can't avoid the lump it makes.

Kristin said...

Love the pink zig zag quilt and the little pops of green!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's going to be SEW sweet, Wanda!!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your pink zigzag is stunning! Beautiful fabrics and colors 😍

JJM said...

I've enjoyed seeing ALL your PINK creations. Your fabric choices feel like you have a passion for PINK.

Sounds like winter is not ready to let spring in.... In the N.E. this year.

JJM

sue s said...

Your pink zigzag is bright and happy! We also have one more night of deep freeze coming so I'll cover the roses again. Some folks in our neighborhood have magnolias; I know we must be at the top of their range, and they all frosted and died last night. So sad.