Saturday, April 10, 2021

8 more seams to sew.............


Last night was a 3 hour TV night so I got all of the seams sewn in one direction and half of the seams sewn in the other direction.  If you look close the top half is sewn and the bottom half is hanging from it by threads.  I started teaching this method of sewing quilt tops together (called webbing) back in 1985 when I created classes for adult education at our local community college.


Then I put the pieces for one Friendship star on my table to see how it will look.  The blocks will be 12" finished and I have pieces for 20 blocks sewn.  I'll be sewing them together in TV watching time next week.





This furry creature was pretending to be a bird and stealing bird seed.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Pink is a beauty--I've never done webbing...and that Star is looking great Hope your weekend is a good one...actually sunny here this morning...
Hoping for some warmth...hugs, Julierose

Pam said...

The pink is sweet. You described your webbing technique a number of years ago. I have been webbing since then. It sure saved me from hopping up and down between the design wall and sewing machine. A grateful blog reader. Hugs.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a sweet pink quilt coming together, Wanda!!

Lucy said...

I love the final layout and the pinks. I saw someone asked before, but didn't see the answer. What size half square triangles did you make for this quilt?

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love that pink top you are working on--
and that furry thing that wants to be a bird--
is one of my favorite critters to watch--
and I think they are so neat in their colorings and stripes!!
luv, di

JJM said...

I'm so happy you chose this design, fabrics just sing ! Refreshing to say the least. . . And enjoyed seeing your first Friendship Star block.

Those furry critters are determined little buggers. Our neighbors have many cats and our chipmunk population has dropped drastically .

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your pink top is wonderful! And your center squares are going to be awesome in the friendship stars. Silly chipmunk - bird seed is for birds (with apologies to the Trix-eating rabbit).

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have a webbed quilt hanging on my wall right now. Just have to do the horizontal rows. Thanks a million for teaching it to me- I use it whenever I can. The pinks are going together so well.

Dorothy said...

The pink quilt is awesome. So is that critter that thinks it's a bird. (I can say that because I don't have them stealing bird seed LOL)