Thursday, April 15, 2021

Testing another design..................


While I was in the basement looking for more fabrics for my colorwash I ran across the chisel shapes I cut with my die cutter from Marcia Derse fabric.  One light fabric is a MD and 2 are Grunge and one is a batik.  The light shapes out at the edges are the starts of more stars when the blocks are put together.  I only have enough pieces cut and sewn for five 18" blocks.  I wanted to try it out to see if I want to make a bigger quilt with this block. 

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

That pattern always makes such a nice quilt. Any size will be fantastic!

sue s said...

Looks promising!I like this block and will love seeing it as a quilt.

patty a. said...

Those are beautiful fabrics! I like the dark background; the stars ought to really pop!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the fabrics. Probably all kinds of arrangements could be made with these pieces.

BatikFanatic said...

Liking this a lot, so far! That chisel die sure makes it easier and quicker to get the pieces just right. I'm wondering about the top right quadrant... do you intend for the two light pieces to be in the same column (or room depending on your orientation) or do you want the lights to be in opposite corners, as in the other 3 quadrants?

O'Quilts said...

wonderful...scared to cut my lovely Marcia Derse...but then..I do not want to leave it behind either...

JJM said...

This is one fascinating block to stitch. The detail is very unique. I curious how long it will take to complete this block ?

JJM

Dorothy said...

Nice !!