Sunday, April 11, 2021

Sewn and pressed.................




I finished the sewing and then spent an hour pulling stray threads out of the seams and pressing the top.  It is 48" x 64" made with all 4" finished triangles.  

The dark pink with white daisies is from the mid 1990s.  It came in this pink and lime green and I made a quilt for the quilt shop owner's granddaughter out of it.  I am so happy to finally find a place to use my piece of it.


We finally got about an inch of rain over several days and the plants are really popping up.  This is the earliest peonies.  The rest are about 3-4" tall.





Four days ago I couldn't even see the tips of these Hostas.  I took this photo from the kitchen window while it was raining yesterday.





The last 2 light pink buds opened at the same time. 









There are 2 more buds on this orange Cacti and the one in the photo will bloom, not sure about the other one.  I'm pretty sure this will be the end of blooms for the season.




 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW that rain sure hustled those plants into emerging for you! Nice to see them popping up ;))) can Summer be far behind? We have a dense fog blanket here today; but it is considerably warmer already--52 degrees....
rain is coming our way--so perhaps our garden inhabitants will pop up too...

That is one lovely quilt with those pretty pinks...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I used to have nice peonies but after the first couple years they never did much, I have tried replanting and still nothing much and barely grows. This year I have one little plant which should be much further along than yours but isn't. It is about one foot tall and has one bud on it LOL - after this spring I will throw it away and give up on it and maybe try a new plant or two for next year.

Linda Swanekamp said...

We had rain all morning and I could almost hear the ground drinking it in. Yesterday I cut down the tall grasses and cleaned up a bit while the weather was sunny but a bit too warm. The pink quilt looks terrific. Love the blooms. I have some hot pink and some orange yet. The Easter cactus has not bloomed. Hopefully, it will do so soon, but I don't see any buds.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Once our hostas start showing their noses, it doesn't take long at all for their leaves to grow and unfurl. Such a wonderfully welcome sight! (and that pink quilt top is awesome).

Needled Mom said...

I’ve always loved peonies, but they don’t grow here. Soon everything will be in full bloom there. Your quilt top turned out beautifully.

JJM said...

Pink diamonds has been such a lovely, pleasing creation that I've so enjoyed watching it grow.

Again your spring plants are still ahead of ours, here in the mountains. Fun to see what you've got going in your yard.

JJM



Mystic Quilter said...

I'm really enjoying watching all these lovely pink quilts develop and like your latest one especially with the little pos of green here and there in the fabric. Wow, your peonies have really shot up since the last photo posted, such a difference a little rain makes.

patty a. said...

The pink top turned out so pretty! It is amazing how fast the peonies are growing! I try and walk around the yard everyday to see how things are growing. I noticed a lot of new leaves coming on the baby Lenten Roses I transplanted last year. My cora bells are looking much better since I put up the fence to keep the deer from eating them.

Ann said...

Beautiful pink fabrics. I sometimes web my tops but usually find they catch on the corners of the sewing table.

Vicki W said...

This is probably my favorite layout for HST quilts.