Friday, May 8, 2020

Sewing the long seams..........

I forgot to take a photo of the final layout until after I started sewing rows together.
In this photo all of the rows have been sewn together and now I'm sewing the long crosswise seams.







It was getting late so I quit after 3 rows were sewn together.  I'll finish it today.








I got my order of black 1/8" elastic and I ended up making 9 masks yesterday.








These are the Redbuds that planted themselves along my driveway several years ago.  That is my neighbor's garbage can.  I didn't figure I could ask him to move it for the photo.



Parts of 5 Redbud trees are in this photo.  The other 3 are to my right and behind me.  Tonight is the freeze warning so I don't know if the blooms will survive.

5 comments:

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

How long did you cut your elastic? I cut my first ones at 6½ and the men complained it was too tight and smaller women found them too loose. I can really not make masks with individual size elastic for 30 employees.

Julierose said...

The African Fabrics quilt is coming together so beautifully!
The redbud trees are so lovely--such a pretty color to them
~ ~ ~ waving under cloudy skies Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hope most of the blooms survive the cold - they're beautiful (and so are your quilt blocks).

patty a. said...

The quilt is coming along and is so beautiful. I was traveling yesterday so I didn't get much done. I had to take my DIL to sign paperwork for a car she bought. No one else could take her. Her car's engine blew up and she has been without a car for several months. It was 1 1/2 hours to the dealership, then while I was in the area I took a side trip to the bulk food store I like to go to. I took back roads that I have never been on and of course I got lost! Then there was no phone service so that I could look at a map; yes I was out in the boonies! I ended up in this tiny burg and there was a store that sold farm equipment open. I stopped in there for directions. No one was wearing a mask. They all looked at me with my mask like I was crazy. I have left the house at 8:30 and didn't get home until 3 I think.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You reached your limit of sewing for the day and it's ok that you didn't get it finished. Better to stop than to stop needing to rip out a mistake by sewing to long! :o))