Saturday, May 16, 2020

Beautiful day.............

I decided to take advantage of a dry and sunny day to get my porch pots planted.  The one on the table has pansies in it.  That area is shady most of the day with direct sun just a few hours in the morning.  Pansies which like cooler weather and shade did well in that spot last year so I thought I would try it again.  They are all yellow and orange.  I'll take a photo in a few days.


It was too muddy to plant the tomato plants but I did spend some more time digging dandelions out of the area where they will go.  The 2 big plants each have a small tomato on them.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice that you could get out and plant--it is still too chilly nights
here for any of that yet. I will do only pots this year, if those even. The deer have had enough feasts on my flowers in years' past...
Love pansies;))) Julierose

Lesley Gilbert said...

I managed to get some pansies and fuchsia about 3-4 weeks ago - only local shop I could find selling plants but they are all coming along nicely. The fuchsia are trailing so they went in my wall planters. The pansies went in an old metal CD rack I keep in the garden - holds 4 plants in a long row down and looks good. I like to see photo's of your garden - they always look so pretty :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good idea to start with big tomato plants - I think those are bigger than the ones I have had in pots for over month now - this wacky weather has them not knowing what to do!

Roxanne said...

Your pots look lovely! We are suddenly having warmer weather. It's causing me to get out for my walk as early as I can. My husband has our garden looking so nice--I'll try to send some photos.

hetty said...

Your pots look fantastic. It has still been too cold here at night..But I have started a few seeds indoors that will go out as soon as the warmer weather gets here.

JJM said...

You have had a very busy productive week. Enjoyed seeing each days events... Particularly your yellow gold/black white blocks. Bird print looks fun too add with them. Stratas sparkle on my screen, and your plants make a wonderful welcoming entry. Can see a bounty of tomatoes on their way.

JJM

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I should have planted this weekend but I didn't get around to it. It is going to rain all week, so maybe next weekend.