Friday, May 15, 2020

Miscellaneous...........

Working on a few different projects: Jewel toned batiks for a 16 patch quilt now ready to slice and create blocks.





More of the stratas for the 16 patch quilt.










On the design wall, I cut some of the bird batik to see how I like it with the crazy pieced blocks.  This is a long term project.  Don't expect to see it finished any time soon.




We had heavy storms Wednesday night and it knocked off a lot of the petals on the Redbud trees.  The trees are starting to leaf out so it was time for the change.  We lost power at some time during the storm and I had to reset a few clocks.  More storms rumbled through last night.

12 comments:

Julierose said...

I like the addition of the bird blocks a lot your stratas look super;)))
We are expecting those storms tonight...
~ ~ ~ waving in the rain Julierose

patty a. said...

Those are going to be some beautiful 16 patch blocks!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The batik combos look great. The birds are fun additions. I think we get your storms today, yesterday was so-so but warm.

BatikFanatic said...

Love the jewel-tone batik array, and I recognize several of those fabrics from my own stash. Giving me ideas! And the B&W birds are nothing short of inspired with the yellows. That one's already a knockout!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your jewel tone plan is working magnificently! I love the contrast in the colors within the different photos today -- our red buds have transformed to trees with green leaves. The pinks were so pretty while they lasted.

hetty said...

Love your fabrics. Your blocks will be stunning!

Vicki W said...

I'm really drawn to the yellows and grays

The Joyful Quilter said...

Waiting patiently for the "Bird" quilt to grow into a quilt top. Is it done yet? :P

Unknown said...

That 16 patch quilt is going to be gorgeous! I really want to make one but still struggle with keeping my strip sets straight. I'm getting better, but might wait a while longer to make it all go together more easily. I can't wait to see this one done!
Anne

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

All those fabrics are wonderful, your blocks are beautiful!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those pink statas are especially beautiful.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your colour combinations in these strata, this is going to be another exciting 16 patch.