Sunday, May 17, 2020

Prepping and planting..........

I had a burst of energy yesterday and got some things accomplished.  I pressed all of the stratas for the batik 16 patch blocks and the 2 backing pieces for this quilt.  Then I sewed the 2 backing lengths together and loaded them on the longarm frame.  I cut the batting and put it on there and then just laid the top on there.  I'm hoping for another good day today.
I dug holes and then got down on my hands and knees and planted 6 tomato plants along my driveway.  They have done well there the last 2 years so I'm hoping for success this year too.  If you click to enlarge the photo you can see the 6 cages around the plants.  This area gets sun in the morning and then again in the mid to late afternoon.

On my hands and knees again I put in 4 plants in the raised bed in the backyard.  I need to get one more cage.  The plants back there didn't do as well the last 2 years.  It gets the hot sun from 11 a.m. through the afternoon.  I have a wide overhang on my roof so they don't get as much rain as they would farther away from my house.

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Good for you getting your tomatoes in;))
Lovely quilt --that is a great pattern...
~ ~ ~ waving under gray skies again Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

You certainly were a dynamo. Once everything you planted starts to take off growing, you will feel even more accomplished. Whenever I get a burst of energy, I go with it full force because I am never sure when it will wane. Traveled to PA yesterday and worked on my daughter's new flower garden (started last year). So I was hauling dirt all day and loving it- and the 23 month old guy.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am just trying mine in pots this year for the first time - I wanted to see how it would work - I am keeping my fingers crossed - I am getting berry plants for my raised beds and hope they will work out in that area.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I haven't done hands and knees planting for a couple of years now - we've gone to large pots instead.

hetty said...

Having energy is a good thing. Getting down on hands and knees is another. Both escape me. Your pots look terrific. The quilt and tomatoes too.

jenngate2002@yahoo.com said...

Love the quilt on the long arm! Is there a pattern?

Needled Mom said...

That was a busy day! I tend to “feel” my gardening the next day! lol

Angie said...

I love this quilt!! Can you tell me where I might find this pattern? I am in awe of you and all that you get done!! My knees scream at me if I even think about getting on them. :) I would like to have a couple of tomato plants this year. Haven't gotten any flowers planted yet either. They are both on my 'soon' list. :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hoping you had another good day today, Wanda. You certainly were productive yesterday. Inside AND out!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Good luck with your tomatoes, we usually put two or three plants in our small beds but results have been bad for two years.

patty a. said...

You are getting some planting done! I find getting up from my hands and knees is the hard part! LOL!!