Friday, May 29, 2020

Finishing another.................

I had an end of roll piece of batting 127" long so I decided to find 2 quilts that would fit on it.  This was the first one I cut off a piece for.  The other one that fit was the African 16 patch which probably won't get quilted any time soon.
I quilted this one in loops.  It took me over an hour to figure out a problem with bobbin tension so just because I own a longarm it doesn't mean it is fast magic to get one quilted (but I wish it was!).









This is the fabric on the back.  I decided since it was a fun quilt it should have a fun backing.







My very pale pink Weigela is blooming.  My bright pink one bloomed last week and is drying up now.







The red one is still mostly buds.  I like the fact they bloom one after the other instead of all at the same time.

11 comments:

hetty said...

OMG! That quilt is exquisite. I love the colours and the backing is definitely fun, fun, fun! I love chickens. I made a block similar to these several years ago. Yours makes me want to find it and make another quilt. But, NO! I have enough on the go right now. You've got to stop inspiring me!
Nice Weigela shots.

Julierose said...

I love that fun fabric backing--and your loop quilting looks really terrific. Nice job to get it done...
Isn't that Weigela just lovely? so graceful in pale pink...
Have a wonderful weekend Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it seems in this stage of our lives with Covid we have not much else to do then make progress in our sewing rooms and gardens - great looking quilt - I need to stock up on more batting

Linda Swanekamp said...

When I bought my longarm, I thought it would speed me up and make things easier. Not exactly. It does save my neck and shoulders, but adds more complexity and is not speedy.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I feel your pain when it comes to quilting on a longarm!! I was having similar issues with the last quilt I loaded. Best of luck on getting the binding done in the next day or so, Wanda!

Vicki W said...

I love that chicken fabric for the back! Those hour long tension problems really make you appreciate the good tension days! Sometimes I just have to leave it alone for the next day.

patty a. said...

What a pretty quilt! Are you doing to try and get it done so you have another finish for May? I saw a few more flower stems have pop up in my cora bell bed. One of these days my Shasta daisies will give me a show.

JJM said...

Stitched loops 'n patches make a great combination . And with roosters for the backing, it really brightened my day !

JJM

Lynn Dykstra said...

I often have fabric I want to use for a back so I make a top with that purpose.
LOVE your framed 9-patch. Such fun fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful chicken fabric, what a great choice to go with your quilt! Wigelia is a great favorite of mine - its all gone for the year here but it lasted a long time in our cooler than usual spring that was.

ceci

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Continuous bloom is something I am always aiming for, even if it doesn't happen too often!
You KNOW I love that backing! I had to hold myself back from buying a bolt of chicken fabric the other day. ;)