Saturday, May 30, 2020

Second finish for May 2020.............

I have several diagonal stripe fabrics in my stash so I decided to look for one that would look good with the chicken print backing.  Anything would go with the multicolor front of the quilt.

I think it looks pretty good.










It ended up 59" x 74", a nice large throw quilt.




















Just one fabric on the back of this one.




















I mowed the grass and filled the bird feeders.  Then I snipped 2 peonies for a little bouquet.  They are back lit here so the dark one isn't that deep of a tone.









These 2 Dianthus plants are in a little front flower bed.  I forgot they were there because they didn't do much last year.

It has turned cooler with low humidity for  a few days.  Good outside working weather and good windows open sleeping weather.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

I love a striped binding--nice finish..
Oh your peonies are so beautiful..mine still tightly closed..
Another foggy morning--hoping the sun will burn it off...
Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finish, very bold and sprinkled with pops of color. Love the binding. It is cooler here also, but rain is stil forecasted. Got pummeled yesterday with it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Very pretty peony photo -- I like that it is back lit. And your finished quilt is fabulous. Fun that there are chickens on the back and yes, you chose an excellent binding.

Vicki W said...

Perfect binding for a really cheerful quilt. We're getting a couple of cooler days here too.

Sharon said...

Oh how I love a bias striped or plaid binding. This was perfect! Your peonies are lovely. I'm waiting for the ONE bud to break open. First bloom in 4 years after transplanting from a root that was my Grandma's. So at least a 60 year old original plant.

hetty said...

The striped fabric is perfect for that quilt. Your peonies are lovely. Mine are trying to figure out what time of year it is. They should do better now that the weather is more spring-like.

JJM said...

Roosters appear to in the "Ritz Carlton" for roosters. (*._.*) It is a fun quilt and its my favorite go to binding ever. Such fun you have, when you add the finishes to your quilt tops. Of course a professional like you has THE quilt stash fabrics like none other.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

I love the chicken fabric on the back, and the bind will be a good match. The peonies look lovely on the window ledge. Is the dark one scented?

Anonymous said...

I bet the dianthus scents the whole garden! And the striped binding is perfect. Thank you for sharing your process so generously.

ceci

patty a. said...

Another wonderful binding choice and another fabulous finished quilt! Your Dianthus are so pretty!