Sunday, May 3, 2020

Alternate blocks...............

Finally I took the 16 patches made with African fabrics and solids to the basement double design wall.  I had intended to use several different large prints as the alternate blocks but ended up cutting them all from the same fabric.
This is the fabric that I cut.  It is folded in half here so what you see is about 21" wide by over a yard in length.  I will rearrange the alternate blocks once I have all of the 16 patches pieced and on the wall. I need to make about 21 more of them.












The Redbud trees are getting pinker.  I think they will all be in full bloom this week.  This little tree is ahead of some of the older trees.













These are about half open.





















Lots of violets are blooming in the grass in the back yard.  I mowed the grass after I took this photo.  I mowed the front yard on Friday, 3rd time this spring and back yard for the first time.  The shade grass grows slowly.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

This will become such a vibrant piece--just lovely--I haven't gotten any African fabrics although I have seen a lot of them in online shops...they are very eye-catching.
~ ~ ~ waving under raindrops Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

That alternate block fabric looks great in your (partial) quilt layout, Wanda! More cohesive design plan than using multiple fabrics in those "blank" spaces.

Linda Swanekamp said...

My tulips went from nothing last Sunday to at peak today with the sun. Finally, everything seems to be growing. The rebud looks real pretty.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the alternate blocks mixed in - striking!

patty a. said...

That print looks so good with the blocks. I like that you don't do a checkerboard with the solid blocks. Putting one to each row just adds a interesting pause.

Vicki W said...

That big print works so well with those blocks!