Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Late summer plants...........

The cannas are now towering over the Coneflowers.  They look so pretty with the light coming through the leaves.





This hosta that starts out light green in the spring is almost white at the end of the season.






The Delphinium blooms are fully open now.  I hope we get the rain predicted today and tomorrow because the ground is dry and cracked.










The shaggy petaled Coneflowers are opening.

A friend came over yesterday and we laid out her blocks on my double design wall.  We also went through other fabrics for quilts that I am going to cut for her.










 

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

We have had scads of rain- three downpours yesterday. When I went for a walk, it all smelled real musty- unusual for August here. I got some borders on a Vet quilt, but not much else.

patty a. said...

The garden is still looking so pretty. My yard is looking a mess. It has been hot and humid. After working all day I just can't get myself to go out and do any yard work especially in the southern facing front yard. We still have not had much rain. It rained a little bit last Friday, but it was not enough to make a difference. The grass is brown and the plants are suffering. On the other hand, the weeds and crabgrass are doing fine! LOL!!!

hetty said...

Your garden is beautiful,. I love that hosta! My garden is kind of a mess. I have lots of flowers, but because of all the rain we've had (no shottage here) the weeds are 4 feet tall.

Hedy said...

It's very dry here even thighs now we are getting a sprinkle, just not enough. All of my coneflower are dried and the yellow finch are eating the seeds. Before long, I will be cutting down plants. Fall is early this year probably due to the heat and dryness, trees are yellowing. Your plants look very pretty.

Mia said...

Beautiful photos, Wanda. I love your garden! Kisses, my friend.

Cathi said...

Your garden photos are such a treat to see! I think I may have to add zinnias to my list of flower blocks to make.

JJM said...

Lovely photos Wanda... seeing the mostly white leaves on the hosta was a surprise. Pretty none the less. Radiant blue delphiniums, so pretty.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

You have me longing for Summer down here with your garden photos! The Coneflowers create such a lovely picture with the pulmonaria leaves hiding beneath. What is the tiny, tiny pink flower just peeping out?