Saturday, August 19, 2017

Another Australian fabric quilt..........

When I started cutting the Hunter Star quilt I mentioned that I was going to cut 2 or maybe 3 quilts at the same time with the Australian fabrics.  This is the second quilt I am contemplating.  The equilateral triangles will finish at 8" on a side.  The smaller triangles in 2 of the blocks are 4" finished and 4 of them sewn together are about 1/16" smaller than the big triangles.  I will have to sew with a tiny bit narrower seam allowance in them.  I have no idea how large this quilt will be since I could use more of the Australian fabric that I'm not using in Hunter Star.

8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Now this looks exciting! I love how you have brought in the smaller diamonds and the fabrics used.

Debbie said...

I agree this is going to be a fun one to watch with the addition of the small triangle. Another "what if" option that adds so much interest for the eye to discover.

Sharon W. said...

I am a big fan of "one piece" quilts, and this one will really allow those Aussie fabrics to shine. I'm still working at building a collection (thanks for the suggested sites), but this one is calling me. Mine would of course be much smaller than yours!!! And yes those smaller triangles are an extra visual treat.

Helen said...

Love your scrappy triangles and those inverted Vs that happen. Looking forward to seeing more...

Hedy said...

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I've had my eye on this pattern for quite a while. Your fabrics sure look good.

Karen said...

This is going to look wonderful. I think all this math keeps us young, right??

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is so neat how the little triangles make something else happen that is unexpected in repeating shapes.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I absolutely LOVE triangle quilts!! Started cutting one a couple of years back, but got busy with other projects. Maybe I should dig my cutter and die out to begin again.