Sunday, August 20, 2017

A look back.............

I was asked how many quilts I finished in the time period from when I started my blog (July 4, 2007) to the same date this year.  Yesterday I spent some time going through old posts from the 3 years that I didn't do a recap collage at the end of the year.  I came up with 214 finished quilts (or if I count small wallhangings, 220).  In 2007 I posted mostly pieces I had made before I started the blog.  I started a lot more projects that year but only finished 4 that I documented on the blog.  This is my favorite from that year.  It is a paper pieced Karen Stone pattern called Jewels in the Grass.
In 2008 I had two favorites.  I call this one "My Happy Quilt" and it is made of batiks and Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  This post shows a close up and the back of the quilt. 











This is my other favorite from 2008.  It is a Buggy Barn pattern and is made of flannel fabrics.  This post has a closer look at one section of it.  I still have this quilt and I use it.  I still love it. 








This crazy pieced batik quilt is my favorite finished quilt from 2009.  I gifted it to a great-niece and I miss it.  I was trying to use up my blue, turquoise and purple batik scraps with this one.  In this post is a close up of the binding and backing along with a little of the front of the quilt.
This little couch quilt comes in as a close second for a 2009 finished quilt favorite.  It is all Christmas fabrics, a lot of them Hoffman fabrics.  I get this one out in the first days of December and it usually isn't put away until late January.  There are some more photos of it on this post, closeups and backing.

13 comments:

Mona said...

Dear Wanda,
oh great! How beautiful quilts you made!
I love the Buggy Barns hearts - i must du that !
Greatings from Vienna
Mona

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing the past posts on these. Love the Happy Quilt...I could look at it for a long time :) A couple of these I never spotted before, like the blue crystals and it is so great too.

Mary said...

So much lovely inspiration. When I first discovered your blog, I would enjoy a year's worth of your posts with my morning coffee.

hetty said...

Beautiful quilts, Wanda. You are such an inspiration to me!

Hedy said...

Very pretty quilts, you have been busy and we all appreciate it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wonderful walk down memory lane. I would be had pressed to choose a favorite. Keep those quilts coming!!

A Casa Madeira said...

Maravilhoso!
Adorei conhecer.
janicce./Brasil/RS

TEMA said...

They are all stunning but the ones I like the best is the first one with it's stunning colour arrangement that seems to make the stars really shine out and the other is the heart one from 2008. It love the 'crazy' quilt effect of the hearts that makes them look like modern art.
I find the problem with making quilts is that they become your child and it's so hard to part with them especially if it took a long time to make and you got so attached. So I totally understand when you say you 'miss' one of them. And, sometimes don't you just wonder if they are being looked after properly and having a good life! I know I do... :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh nice quilts, all beauties but I do love Jewels in the Grass and of course your Happy Quilt and the crazy pieced batik in blue.

MissPat said...

You always have such distinctive quilts and since I love florals and batiks, I covet many of your designs. Did you use a pattern/book for "My Happy Quilt" or did you design that one yourself?
Pat

Nann said...

I enjoyed the retrospective tour, Wanda. (Hmmm, I wonder how many quilts I've documented?)

Enjoy the eclipse!

Tami Von Zalez said...

I would miss that blue batik quilt too.
What I enjoy about your posts and quilts is that you change it up - different patterns and different color combinations ~

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of quilts, it must be so hard to choose a favourite. I also went back to catch up from the beginning of your blog, but I'm still happy to see these again.
Hazie.