I finished sewing all of the B blocks and then sewed 2 blocks together for 7 long rows. In the afternoon I started sewing rows together and continued later in the evening and got 4 out of 6 sewn.
While I was in the basement in the morning I was looking for one particular stripe which I didn't find. I saw this charcoal and white stripe and thought it might work as quarter square triangles around the little 3" nine patches as the first found in Economy blocks. I think it would also look good just as alternate squares with them.
This is what the stripe would look like as the quarter square triangles. The final round of the block would be 3" half square triangles of floral fabrics. This idea is just in the early stages and I may keep looking for the stripe I have in mind.
I got sidetracked for a couple hours reorganizing the rack that houses my flannel fabrics. I have one huge blanket box of just scraps and large chunks. Maybe when the basement cools off in the fall I can spend a day pressing the scraps and do some die cutting. Flannel quilts are a favorite here in northern Illinois.



7 comments:
Interesting striped fabric--I like it with the nine patches...
74 here at 6:30 a.m. with 73 DP--another steamy day ahead for us...
I am binding my four placemats--2 done--2 to go...Simple, fun work..
I am waiting for batting in the mail before putting JR Jumble together..
hugs for a good weekend and perhaps a bit of a cool down
Julierose
Love that little stripe as an alternate block. Really sets off the nine patches well.
You have made a lot of progress on the zipper top! That stripe is cute! It contrasts with the 9 patch blocks wonderfully! It's not hard to get sidetracked! When straightening up last evening I wanted to tear everything out of a closet and sort out what I don't need, but that would have taken hours so I resisted.
Stripes are on my mind because I recently acquired Mary Mashuta's book (on the used-book shelf at the LQS). I like yours as QSTs. Humid yesterday and looks as though it will be today, too.
I love that stripe! Either way you go (QSTs or alternate blocks) it looks great with the floral nine patches. I love flannel quilts but they are too warm for most of the year here. Fabulous when it is cold, though.
Love the quarter square triangle idea. Bringing in more florals might be good as the 9-patches don’t really show them off as well as bigger pieces would. So close to your first finish for August!
Me too ! Love that stripe it compliments that block perfectly . Great progress on the Zipper.
Post a Comment