Monday, August 3, 2026

More sorting fun....................


Here is the whole rack that I showed a portion of in yesterday's post.  Yesterday I sorted the reds, what fun, and there weren't any I wanted to get rid of.  To the right of them is the overflow of Brandon fabrics (which you can see the edge of on the right) and a couple Kaffe yarn dyed wovens.  There is a pile of fat quarters in front of the stack.  So  the second shelf from the top was sorted Saturday and the reds on Sunday.  The 2 unsorted shelves are the Philip Jacobs prints.  On the bottom shelf is Laurel Burch fabric on the left and in the 2 storage boxes are black and white batiks and red and black batiks.  The very top shelf has 2 groups of Robin Pickins fabric and 3 boxes of scraps sorted loosely by color.  Also up there in a plastic bag is the remainder of the Wishwell Weather Report fabric.


Last night I got the rest of the dark brown strips sewn on the 15 ten inch strips for the Kaffe zipper quilt.  Then I knitted for awhile while I watched a cute movie on Prime.  It was called Sheep Detectives.

We ended up with 2" of rain on Saturday, much needed to turn the grass green again.

 

13 comments:

Sally Langston Warren said...

I chuckled when you said you went through your red fabrics and didn’t want to get rid of any of them. I have the same problem with all my fabrics when I go through them looking for any I can donate to the free table at the guild meeting. Wanda, how do you reach the fabrics on your top shelf? I recently enjoyed Sheep Detectives too!

Cherie Moore said...

I watched the Sheep Detectives too and it was cute. Don’t you love it when you like every piece of your red stash? I do as then I don’t have any dithering about how I could possibly used it. It rained cats and dogs here yesterday!

Julierose said...

It's hard to say "I don't need this fabric anymore" for me, too--Especially since I do a whole lot of crumb and strip piecing which changes the whole look of a fabric!! Sometimes really for the better, I think. Your comment on the reds made me smile;)))
75.6 here with 75 dewpoint--ugh--my glasses fogged up when I
stuck my head out the back door!! It's a downpour right now--and, of course, our new box spring is supposed to be delivered today!!!
Our supposed 2 hour window is 8 a.m. to 8p.m.!! Really?????
And so it goes...hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Julia and I watched Sheep Detectives recently. We enjoyed it, but Bob could never get into it. I have been going through my collection of quilt books and patterns. Some will be donated to our guild's quilt show committee.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks like a lot of fun and re-energize the brain for more possible quilts.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You accomplished a lot -- Sheep Detectives is on my watch list but I've not seen it yet . . .

Nann said...

I look forward to seeing how the zippers come together. (I looked up the pattern and promptly got distracted by the possibilities.) Thanks for the movie/show recommendation.

Kristin said...

You have such a big stash! We watched the Sheep Detectives too on Saturday night. It was a clever, well done, funny movie that we really enjoyed.

JJM said...

I know what we have seen the last two days is only a portion of your fabrics and yet you have more. I could barely see the edges of the fabrics on another unit to the right of your newly organized fabrics on the metal rack. You are a true fabric artist with a pallet like yours !

cityquilter grace said...

love it when people post photos of way more fabric than i have...LOL...but oh the fun ahead!

Connie said...

Wow, that's quite a collection girl! I'm glad you're having fun sorting through it all 🥰

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

funny you know you don't want to get rid of any of the red!! and there is so much there and I know what you show is just part of your stash. So much pretty and bright fabric.

patty a. said...

Yummy fabrics! That has to feel good now that they are more organized. I am behind on commenting. Yesterday I just wasn't with it!