The first thing I did was assemble some more little 3" nine patches. This is going to be a small project so I wanted to have at least 36 blocks to work with.
Nest I pressed the 9 patches that had the quarter square triangles sewn on and then I added 3" corners to 12 of the blocks. As I work on this I'm realizing one block close up is really cute. Several blocks at a distance look like gray instead of black (charcoal) and white stripe. Seeing the blocks edge to edge is not great.
They are much better with space between them so sashing is definitely needed. I haven't tried anything yet but I'm thinking white with small black dots might be nice. I have lots of white with black prints to choose from so I'll be looking at them today.
Once again, all of the rain during the daytime hours missed my house. I'm wondering if other parts of town got any rain. A big storm was brewing at 10:30 last night and we finally we got some rain. I'll check the rain gauges this morning.



2 comments:
Definitely sashing! This one is very cute but the sashing seems necessary to show off the blocks.
Oh, I like the idea of white with black polka dots :-)
Post a Comment