Thursday, August 6, 2026

Good progress...............


I finished piecing all 8 of the Block A and 2 of the Block B.  I pinned 4 of them up on the design wall to get an idea whether my fabric choices worked.


A couple pinks could have been a little lighter, but overall I'm happy with it.  I'll finish sewing the last 4 B blocks today and get the 2 sections of each row sewn together.  Then I can press all of the seams before I add the rows to each other.  With a little luck I may be able to finish it today,

The rain fizzled out yesterday.  I haven't checked the rain gauges but I don't expect to find much in them.  

12 comments:

Nann said...

It looks great, Wanda. We had a few showers yesterday but they didn't last long.

cityquilter grace said...

loving it...i think kaffe likes reds....he designs a lot of them

patty a. said...

It is looking good! It was hot here yesterday - 89 - and no rain. I talked to my brother in Dallas TX last night and it was 105 degrees there yesterday!

Cherie Moore said...

I’d be pleased, too, it looks great! It seems as though it’s coming together really quickly. In southern Illinois and it poured rain early this morning.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Definitely the right choice to stagger the wild card fabric strips. This is going to be a stunning quilt.

JJM said...

ZIPPER has the “WOW” factor ~ Brilliant, fun, happy, sensational, fabrics like none other.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was surprised when we got a couple drops of rain yesterday towards evening. I happened to look out the window and saw rain drops on the heat pump unit outside the window - sure wasn't much and it was unexpected. The reds and pink look good

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This looks so great!

Anonymous said...

👍

Anonymous said...

👍

Anonymous said...

Love this! -Laura H.

Barbara Anne said...

Zipper is looking snazzy!! Love it.

Hugs!