All of the 8" strips were cut for the top sashing on 40 blocks, and sewn on but not pressed yet.
I spent a couple hours in the kitchen prepping a some meals for the next few days. If I had stuck with the sewing I could have had this top done but I'll be happy I don't have to prepare any meals for a few days.
Last night i put a few blocks on the design wall to check how it is going to look. Picture it in your mind with a medium to dark floral print for binding which will cap the edges. The blocks will have a floating effect. 5 blocks across would be 39" so I could use one width of fabric for backing. I could stop at 25 blocks for a small square baby quilt. I could make it 7 blocks down for 54". That would be a nice baby quilt size or lap quilt or wheelchair quilt. I would have 5 blocks left over or I could add one more row down for 61.5" and that would use all of the blocks. 40" x 60" was the size I used to make for baby quilts, thinking of them as play surfaces on the floor.


No comments:
Post a Comment