I took the stack of 2.5" strips that were cut at the same time as I cut for the brown/gold Snail's Trail and paired darks and lights. I added some blues and greens into the mix for a woodsy nature pallete. I'm not sure if they will be a 16 patch quilt or 'the other 16 patch' with rectangular shapes.
This is what the groups looked like (dark/light) before I started pairing them.
After I sewed 20 of the 40 pairs I did one more cut and sewed 9 of them together.
I made a collage of all of the "other 16 patch" quilts I have made. I ran the blocks vertical in some and horizontal in others. In 2 of them I added half blocks to break up the rows of blocks.
The remaining 1.5" floral squares are off the trays and in a snack size ziploc. I'm officially done with them.
We got another inch of rain from midnight yesterday until mid-morning. The rain later in the day was just a dribble in the bottom of the rain gauge. One more day with possible rain and then 2 dry days.





5 comments:
It's always fun to watch your projects evolve. We are in a very long stretch of hot and dry weather that will continue for the foreseeable future. For south central Texas, of course, that's the norm.
We are also hot and dry in Tennessee -- VERY hot. Grateful for air conditioning, to be sure. Your other sixteen patch collage is wonderful.
Lovely rich colorful autumn fabrics in your Sunday post today… enjoyed seeing your collage of rectangle quilts with such grand precision all in rows. Looking forward to seeing this one go up on your design wall.
P.S. it was fun to see where Mary and Quiltdivajulie live…seeing your followers are from all over the nation
The 16 patch rectangles are inspirating me.
Post a Comment