I cut some more 3" triangles and sewed the floral triangles onto a few blocks and cut more quarter square triangles. I got some of them sewn on but a few more to go.
Now the auditioning. I was looking through my stash for white with black dots. I have several yards of this one. This is the 22" width of it as it is folded like it comes off the bolt. I have plenty to just cut the center lightest area for sashing strips. Maybe the darker area could be used as borders.
I found a half yard of this multi-size dots on white.
I have a couple yards of this one with random lines.
I also tried that one for alternate blocks.
Then of course I had to try it with a zebra print.
Any opinions?






27 comments:
I like the random lines as sashing, rather than alternate squares. The lines pick up the lines in the triangles that surround the 9ps.
So glad you are sharing your auditions for our opinions---'cause we all have 'em. I like the alternating squares better than the sashing. All those florals need that room to show off. I love the lines but the zebras look great, too.
I like the zebra print with alternate squares.
my preference is alternate blocks with lines...i think it sets the floral blocks apart a bit and lets you see them
Love the multi-size dots, with alternating zebra blocks second.
I like the alternate blocks with the lines.
I am leaning towards the alternate block with random lines…..but it wasn’t an easy choice. They are all lovely fabrics, of course!
I like the alternate blocks with random lines too but you have a lot of great choices. Love those 9 patch blocks.
I’m in the minority as I like the first dot option for sashing the best and think using the dark sections as a border would be interesting. I also like the random lines as alternate blocks as it seems lighter.
Lines and zebras as alternating blocks are really close—when I enlarge the photo zebras win. Very playful print to use this way. -Roxanne
I would like to see polka dot alternating blocks. I like the multi-dot polka dot fabric.
Since you asked ... I really like the multi-size dots as sashing.
I like the first 3 layouts the best. My favorite is the one with random, horizontal lines. It makes my eyes move around the quilt. I love the first dotty fabric, especially the way it concentrates the dots. That would make a great border, if you have enough.
I like the random lines as either sashing or alternate blocks. Very interesting mix if textures!
I like the 1/2 yard with multi-size dots best. Its lightness and plainness doesn't compete with the busy blocks. :)
DOTS, DOTS, DOTS ~ First Photo with the DOTS it was made for your floral blocks. I love the lighter dots in the center with the darker ones on the border.
I like the first one. Here's w hy. I think the sashing is better because it keeps your blocks closer together. That outside border with the lighter on the inside next to the blocks draws your eye more to the blocks. That dark on the outside border creates a visual frame emphasizing the blocks even more. Just my opinion ( thank you for asking)
I like those multi-size dots--gives the eye a resting place....;)))
Today was out monthly BJ's shop; luckily it wasn't too crowded--got a nice little Smithfield pre-sliced ham --part of which we will have with scalloped potatoes and green beans for tonight's supper...Yum!!
82 here with 73 DP--feels like 88--and our skies are clouded with smokiness..so this afternoon will be inside. Hoping to get my batting tomorrow so i can finish up JR Jumble--finally!!!
Hugs, Julierose
I like your quilt but I would use the dots. I don't know what it is about the other black but that kind of design makes me dizzy to look at. I have a black/white diagonal stripe that has been sitting on my shelf for ages and I can barely look at it and it makes me dizzy. I don't remember what I used it for originally.
Random lines !
I like the first one with the dots. The dots echo the dots in the half-square triangles, unifying it all. Andrea
I really like the first alternate block one.
San / Gypsy Quilter Designs
Oh, the multi size polka dots!
Hugs!
While I'm usually a dot person, I like the alternating blocks with the lines. The floral fabrics shine more in this setting.
The zebras are so cute! If you don’t for for that I’d go with the ombré dots.
I can't choose. I think you should make all the variants for a study.
But seriously (more seriously), I like the first dots choice. I'm more in favor of sashing than the alternated blocks. I love what the random lines do also.
Call the quilt "the path not taken." It will be true for many of us.
What fun!
I'm joining Club Dots!
Post a Comment