Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Pieces cut....................


All of the strips were pressed and cut into segments yesterday.  There are 2 blocks in the Kaffe zipper quilt so I laid out 1 of each.  My wild card fabric is at the exact center and this is how they would be sewn together.  That would made a stripe of it from top to bottom 2 places in the quilt.


I wasn't sure I wanted that so I rearranged 3 of the fabrics to stagger it.  I'm leaning toward this version but haven't made the final decision.  I think this way it might cause more attention to that fabric than the version above.  I have to continue looking at the photos.



Meanwhile I started sewing some sections that won't be affected by that decision.  I can sew more today while I contemplate it.

I had letters to mail so I went grocery shopping while I was out.  It was 82 degrees with moderate humidity.  Today more humidity predicted.  Rain expected tomorrow into Thursday.  

 

9 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I can see why you are considering both arrangements. I think I’d go with the second one. The Kaffe fabrics are so fun!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I scrolled back to find the photo of the design you shared. From what I can tell via that photo and your two exciting sample block photos, I like the staggered version.

Nann said...

I prefer the second one that gives the two pink/black/white units some space.

patty a. said...

I like the staggered version too. This is going to be such a vibrant quilt!

Julierose said...

The staggered version looks good as well as the first one--I kind of like the first one myself.
Still pretty humid this morning here; 79 with 69 dew point--We are hoping that as the day wear on, the humidity levels will drop off...
We are going out for lunch today--at our favorite Fish n' Chips place...that's a treat;))))

helenreimers said...

I like the staggered one too.

Barbara Anne said...

I like the staggered one, too, but go with whatever floats your boat! Love the variety of fabrics - two thumbs up!

Hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like them both :) but I like the first arrangement better

Vicki W said...

That's a very cool quilt pattern with lots of possibilities for different fabric types. It would look totally different in solids or neutrals but still look great.