Some cutting was done in the morning to prepare for evening sewing. Then at night it started thundering as another storm rolled through so I unplugged my machine. I did get the stripe triangles sewn on the last 4 nine patches. At the left are the 2 new colors of floral triangles to surround all of the rest of the blocks. Once they are all done I need to made the decision of the layout and size of quilt.
It was dark and dreary for much of the day with one rainstorm earlier in the afternoon.
Even my choice of yarn for a dishcloth is dark and dreary. I think I need to start a second one in brighter colors.
Storms are predicted to continue through Sunday and then finally a dry day on Monday. Chicago weather records have been broken again. This is the wettest summer in the history of the records and summer isn't over yet. Those of us in the farmland 60 miles west of Chicago have been in the abnormally dry or drought for 3 years and I think we're back to normal now.


5 comments:
Good you got those last few all sewn, Wanda. Our temps have gone down to 71 with DP only 64--hopefully, after everything dries out, it will be a deck morning. I have to do my treadmill walk BEFORE I sit out there cause once i sit out there it won't get done hahaha.;)))
My batting came and I unrolled it and draped it over my dining table...I plan on getting either Posie or JR Jumble layered up over this weekend...
Hugs Julierose
Oh, yes - on dreary days bright colors are absolutely called for (even folding brightly colored fabric counts). Glad your rain is getting back to non-drought levels. All the rain we've had has now disappeared as the 100 degree days and 80%-plus humidity has rolled in (of course, the kids have all gone back to school).
I like your dark and dreary dishcloth it has a rich glow about it and good to see more little floral blocks produced. We got our FIRST rain fall in months of hot temps up here in the mountains of Montana… it began as a drizzle last night and has progressed through the night and into today with more off and on forecasted this new week ahead. We need to get rid of forest fire smoke that is coming in from Washington and Oregon.
yes you probably need more color for your dishcloths to wake you up a little. I went and fell asleep on the chair again this morning after being outside with morning coffee - by 9 it was too hot once again. I think we are almost a year in a drought, we almost came out of it in June I think it was and then it was back to less rain than we need.
Haven't had any rain for a week, kind of hot here and flowers growing so no complaints. Nice progress on quilt and dishcloth fronts.
Post a Comment