Monday, August 17, 2026

In my happy place.............



I love having nice long seams to sew at night while I watch TV.  This is the second set of 10 stratas that I finished early in the day yesterday.  They were started the night before.


This is the third set of 10 stratas which I sewed last night.  I have one more set of 10 to sew today.  Then I have to decide if it will be a traditional 16 patch block or the "other 16 patch" which is 16 rectangles per block.

I need to clean off a table and baste one of my small quilts so I can quilt it on my Pfaff.  I have 2 that I would like to finish this month.

The rain mostly missed us yesterday after an early shower.  It looks like we will have a little lower humidity and temperature today. 

8 comments:

Mary said...

Stitching up anti-ouch pouches is how I usually get my straight-line sewing fix. That reminds me, I have 5 to finish before Wednesday.

Julierose said...

Lovely pairings on your stratas Wanda..Raining here this morning and pretty humid out there. Resting my hands for a couple days....
yesterday I began hand quilting the 2nd of those two Lavender Dresdens--they are fun to sew...I see another Dresden table topper in my future...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the colors you're using in this project, Wanda! Very much a fall vibe. I can see how sewing long straight seams would be good with the TV on. You got a lot done!

JJM said...

A Stunning beauty post today Wanda….

patty a. said...

Sounds like you have had a lot of rain. We have had our fair share too lately.

Helenchaffin said...

I luv these color combinations,it has been crazy weather here,70's in the wee early morning then a blazing 107 this evening & dropping back in the 70's later tonight with chance of rain,weather like that usually encourages tornados, hopefully its just a heat wave passing through

Vicki W said...

Those are going to make a really pretty quilt!

Cherie Moore said...

Yay for your happy place…..long seams of mindless sewing!