Sunday, August 9, 2026

Florals and stripes...........


The more I looked at the 9 patches with the stripes, the better I liked it so I went ahead and started sewing the quarter square triangles on.








Then I went down to the basement and looked for candidates for the 3" half square triangles.  I am checking here to see if they will all work.  I think the lightest ones on the top row may not have enough contrast.



I cut lots of the quarter square triangles and some of the floral half square triangles.  I finished the first 3 blocks and have 17 more blocks started.  After I press them and get some floral corners sewn on I will play with layout and see if I need sashing strips or another fabric cut in 6.5" squares to alternate with these blocks. 

14 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

This one is going to be stunning! I think I’m hoping for sashing but you are teaching me it is best to wait and see before deciding.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the stripes look good like that

Julierose said...

Oh those blocks are just so beautiful with that striped fabric, Wanda!!
81 here with 74.8 DP-- already so hot and humid--We are hoping this will be the last really hot day for a while and that the predicted cooling trend will actually happen!!
I am still waiting on a batting order before I can finish up my JR Jumble--i am going to tie this one, I think for a change...;)))
Hope your Sunday goes well... Hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a visual feast this morning. I agree that the darker florals give more contrast than the lighter ones. You have a wonderful array to work with.

Nann said...

Great decision!

JJM said...

Lovely Sunday post~ florals always makes me smile and especially yours.

Katie said...

I really like the stripes as a pop of zing in the middle of the florals. Unexpected but perfect. I look forward to your decisions on setting blocks, but I'm not trying to hurry you!

Anonymous said...

That stripe fabric is so wonderful. It seems to dance when I look at it. You were lucky to have found this fabric. .I also eagerly wait to see how this one turns out.
deb

Anonymous said...

Striking! :)

Corrine and Eric said...

I really like the look of these blocks!

Vicki W said...

I love that stripe with the florals!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love a floral & strip combo.

Cathy said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I’ve got to find some kind of stripe or graphic design that will set off the little 9P’s like that!

patty a. said...

I am impressed as usual with the collection of floral fabrics in your stash!