When I first heard of William Morris many years ago, upholstery fabric and wallpaper were things associated with him. I'm so happy they printed his designs on quilting cottons. I didn't have a large selection to choose from but I think this Trip Around the World turned out nicely. It is 62" x 76".
I wasn't sure I had anything for a backing that would be of the same style, and then I spied this Jinny Beyer fabric on my shelf. I had over 6 yards of it so I have enough for another backing.
I think I have a piece of another color of this print too.
The binding is the same as the border since there was 3/4 yard of it leftover after piecing the top.
I have published a full tutorial of how to make a TAW like mine on this blog. On my label list (right side bar) it is Trip Around the World tutorial. There is a yardage chart included. I have one more installment to finish writing on fabric selection and order of fabrics, coming soon. It will have the same label.
I wanted all of my green fabrics next to each other in my order of fabrics and the reds are also together. The rest of the fabrics are used in value runs rather than color groups.
Here is a better view of the greens and the reds.
The center has mostly neutrals, black and gray predominate with a touch of coral.
I'm still thinking about which top to finish before the end of the month, lots of time spent on that yesterday.






7 comments:
Gorgeous!
Beautiful finish, Wanda; this looks very Christmassy and Winterish to me--like snow falling...so pretty...nice work.
72 .7 here with 72.3 dew point--need i say more???? :(((( We are totally fogged in this morning...
I am working on my grid lines on my COL project...I found out that I LOVE couching...;))))
Hugs, Julierose
This is really pretty. I like the contrast when that you used. And the blended that you used. The visual in the contrast is beautiful. Great job.
A great way to wind up August, shows off the end of summer feelings. Like our gardens that have somewhat faded into the burnt colors of fall. Its a lovely TAW quilt .
I can only imagine how much better it looks in person as I’m sure the pictures do not do it justice. Wonderful August finish!
Beautiful TAW quilt! I think your choice of backing fabric works perfectly - so elegant!
Absolutely beautiful and what a perfect backing.
Post a Comment