Friday, June 28, 2024

Finish #2 for June 2024..........


This quilt is #4 in a series of quilts made with Kaffe Fassett yarn dyed woven stripe fabric.  (This variety is no longer available but Brandon Mably announced on IG that some of the older stripes are coming back.)  This is the third one to be finished.  It is 58.5" x 78.5".  It has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it and was quilted by my longarm friend Robin.




The backing fabric is a yarn dyed woven ikat fabric designed by Kaffe Fassett.  No, I didn't match the fabric design on the back when I seamed it.  The person getting this one won't care (and neither do I). The binding is another of the yarn dyed woven stripes.  This quilt is lightweight and soft.



The Black Eyed Susan growing in the crack between 2 parts of the sidewalk is starting to bloom.   The UPS delivery person stepped on one part of it last week and broke it off.  I hope they see it blooming now and step carefully.


The Pansies in this pot are supposed to be wave Pansies and it looks like maybe they are going to drape over the edge of the pot if I can just keep them alive on the hot days.




There are more blooms on last year's Geraniums.  There is lots of new growth at the lower part of the stems so I'm hoping for lots more blooms over the summer.




More tomatoes are turning red.  I haven't shared any with the squirrels so far.

13 comments:

Julierose said...

Beautiful finish on that KF yarn dyed piece;))) I love the scrappy look;)))
Your tomato plants are really doing so well...
Cooler here this morning--51 degrees!! What a change with DP of only 50....
Hoping it warms up a bit so i can sit out--who thought I'd be saying that yesterday??? Crazy weather these days...hugs for a good weekend Julierose

Carol said...

Wanda, your stripes/Kaffe quilt is drop dead gorgeous! I love love it!! Maters are looking good too!

patty a. said...

The quilt is so fun and lively with all those colors! I always like seeing what is grown in your garden.

Anonymous said...

I have a couple plants that always prefer cracks between stepping stones and pavers to the carefully prepared beds. They must be annoying on purpose.

The striped quilt is a triumph - lucky recipient!

Ceci

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is hard to match up the back when it has a design. your plants and the tomatoes all look good - my long bowl of tomatoes is full - I think I will make sauce tomorrow if I have enough fully ripe

JJM said...

Oh Wanda ~ #4 splashes cross my screen like a ‘Symphony of Stripes’, absolutely GORGEOUS ! Backing and binding couldn’t be any better.

Delightful array of blossoms and tomatoes .

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

The finished quilt is AWESOME (did you use a KF pattern for it?).

ehg said...

This quilt is so beautiful! Although I have to say - I haven't seen ANY of yours that are not - but this one caught my eye because I have been looking for a way to use a small bundle of these old KF stripes and this is gorgeous. Can you direct me to your post that might have instructions - or to the pattern? It looks like you made a strip set and then cut it and repositioned it. I scrolled back a few days - but didn't see the start.

Thank you -- in advance for the info - but mostly for the wonderful inspiration you give your blog visitors! I always see something that gets me moving towards my sewing machine.

Barbara Anne said...

What a gloriously colorful quilt you've just finished and its binding and backing fabrics compliment the quilt's front just perfectly! Applause, applause!

Love your garden and tomatoes, too.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

That is such acool quilt!

Michele in Harrisburg said...

I love these striped fabrics. It would be awesome if they're coming back. I never knew what to do with them years ago, but I gave so many ideas now. Gorgeous finish!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely use of these Kaffe stripes. Those little sparkles of blue/light background fabrics caught my eye and add great contrast.

Barbara said...

Very striking! I love this. I couldn't find where you said what the pattern is. Would you let us know, please?